Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Road Rage

So - I have a confession to make.  I have Road Rage!  Not a strong case of it, but it flairs up from time to time.  And its even more noticable since I moved to England.  Of course in the beginning I was sweet and innocent and scared shitless of driving on the wrong side of the tiny little roads in a tiny European car.

Anyways - so I realized today as I was driving and shouting at random people that the British are very different than Americans when it comes to driving.  Its a lot calmer and more peaceful over here.  There are no horns beeps or fists waving and rarely do I see someone shouting at me.  And I deserve to be shouted at quite often.  At most I will get someone flashing their lights at me when they need to pass when I am daydreaming in the fast lane.  I miss using my horn!!  I enjoy beeping my horn.  It gets shit done.  But now I get shocked and horrified looks when I give someone a few warning beeps.  Well, screw them!  I am American and I have Road Rage!!!!!



At least I don't have a gun.  This one time I was driving.  And was apparently day-dreaming in the fast lane.  And this huge pick-up truck drove up behind me and started freaking out (this was in the US).  So I hit the breaks a few times just to be mean and then I pulled over so he could pass.  The giant hillbilly pick-up truck pulled up next to me and started shouting.  So I shouted back and threw a couple nasty finger gestures as he drove by.  Well, after he got by and realized I shouted back and was nasty - he started slowing down.  And I saw his window come down.  Big red lights started flashing in my head.  What the fuck was I doing shouting at big angry men as I was driving around DETROIT?!?!  Then I saw him wave me forward to pull up next to him...so we could "chat" a bit more.  I immediately slammed on the breaks and pulled into an even farther away lane and hid behind a few more cars.  He tried to follow me but due to my awesome defensive manuevers - I was able to stay away.  But yea - Road Rage and Detroit don't mix.  I can be as mad as I want in England because they don't have guns :P

No comments:

Post a Comment